Hair Extensions Home care
Jasmina Chaddock Hairstylist llc
Congratulations on your new hair additions! It was my pleasure to help you achieve your hair goals today.
Below are important instructions on how to care for your extensions to enjoy them as long as possible. Please feel free to reach out should you have any additional questions.
-Sincerely yours, Jasmina
- Use a wet brush or amplify boar bristle brush.
- Hold hair into a ponytail close to the scalp. Begin brushing the ends and carefully brush your way up.
- Brush hair prior to washing.
- Divide hair into sections/ponytails and wash in sections.
- Use sulfate/paraben free shampoo and conditioner.
- Wash at scalp in Z formation. Do not use circular motion, as it will tangle the hair
- Condition only mid shaft to ends, as it may cause the extensions to slide out otherwise.
- Rinse well.
- *For tape-in extensions: Avoid washing your hair or heavy perspiration for 48 hours following the application to allow for adequate cure time.
- Towel dry the hair as much as possible before blow drying.
- Use leave-in conditioner, heat protectant, and any treatment oils only mid shaft to ends.
- Using a blow dryer. Start at the ends and work your way up. Round brush the hair.
- *For tape-in extensions: Press panels together and power dry them before applying tension to reinforce the bond.
- Thermal tools like flat irons and curling irons are safe to use on your extensions.
- Temperature settings should not exceed 350F, and the use of a thermal protectant spray is advised.
- Keep heat away from point of attachment to ensure the extensions won’t melt or fuse together.
- Use professional grade products recommended by your stylist.
- Avoid alcohol-based products close to the point of attachment to avoid possible sliding.
- Before swimming wet your hair with tap water and apply leave in conditioner and section hair.
- Once done wash hair with clarifying shampoo.
- Brush hair and keep in a loose braid.
- Never go to bed with wet hair as this will cause matting close to the scalp.
- Sleeping with a silk pillowcase helps prevent tangles.
- Do not color or chemically treat your hair at home. This should only be done by a certified hair stylist while wearing extensions.
- Chemical based sunscreens containing Octocrylene and Avobenzone will discolor your hair extensions. I recommend using a mineral-based sunscreen.